Saturday, 13 August 2011

Glorious... Goodwood

Although I've been to the races beofre I've never been a big fan, never got the buzz that other people seem to enjoy.  So when my lovely friend from my college days (yes we've been friends a few years) asked me to go and visit her to experience Glorious Goodwood and to bring my boys with me I jumped at the chance. 

Well we enjoyed every minute of our 2 days in the Richmond Enclosure (members only).  As you can imagine, dresses, shoes etc were on my mind for several weeks before.  Having not been into the 'posh' bit of the races before I was unsure as to what to expect and how far to go with my outfits but eventually decided on a couple of outfits though I think I would be more adventurous next year.  My boys were suited and booted and looked absolutely gorgeous.

Sara was filmed on her way in looking gorgeous in this red dress. We were filmed and crews asked whether we would be choosing Frankel or Canford Cliffs, alas we did not make the cut however we saw several people being filmed who did either for their (more strategic, scientific or accurate) reviews or for their fabulously gorgeous or elegant outfits.  Next year you'll find me in a big hat or red dress.  That's all I'm saying...


We had a table on the edge of the course, fabulous spot.  We drank champagne and Pimms, ate seafood platters and were surrounded by gorgeous dresses and amazingly elegant hats for the ladies and linen suits teamed with panama hats for the chaps. 






Here I am at the edge of the Richmond enclosure, the weather was fabulous.
Here is a pic my sons took, the racing - yes we went for the racing...
We had a brilliant time and Sara has already invited us down for Glorious Goodwood next year.  I have to say, I can't wait... Now then, I need a big hat....

No comments:

Post a Comment