Sunday, 28 August 2011

Rewind Festival

Last weekend we (me and 6 other girls) trekked off to Henley on Thames for the Rewind Festival (80's music).  Yes I know what you are thinking, my brood have mocked me at regular intervals on how I should try a proper festival.  This is our second year of going and it is brilliant - try it...

Well we arrived early (we were excited...) and joined all the other early birds in a field waiting for the car park (another field) to open.  We then formed a queue, a very orderly and civilised queue as we all pitched our chairs and cracked open the wine and nibbles.  This is arguably the best queue I have ever been part of.

Best queue ever....
We then pitched our tents and adorned them with bunting and fairy lights and celebrated this fact with another wine, chocolate and crisps (you may notice a theme to the weekend).

There was the Silent Disco, wiggage and more 80's band than you could shake a rubiks cube at.  There were so many artists, too many to mention but UB40 were amazing, I wasn't particularly looking forward to this but what a session - absolutely brilliant.  We saw Bananarama who were great but I so hoped they would be wearing highwaisted jeans and sporting very big hair - alas they came out looking lovely but very 2011.  Toyah on the other hand came out in an amazing outfit, Billy Ocean was brilliant and looks amazing with his white hair and beard.  Holly Johnson was entertaining and the award for the band who still look youthful goes to Brother Beyond!



 

 


 We only got rained on for a short spell and then the sun shone.  We had a fly by (which was amazing) and wore wigs and glow bands and danced until dark.
 
 



Now here's to starting the plans for next year....



2 comments:

  1. I am jealous, loving the Fro. Can I come next year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, plenty of wigs to go around :)

    ReplyDelete